Wednesday 10 August 2016

Wyoming

August 9th
A short update from Wyoming. We don’t have wifi here ‘cause apparently the previous groups have used up all the data. We do however get unlimited access between midnight and 5 in the morning so I think I might have to get up early to post this!

I almost didn’t even get here because my flight to Salt Lake City from San Francisco was delayed, but the airport was small and kind of casual (as far as you can call an airport casual) so I made it into the tiny plane to Wyoming. Emily, one of the Wranglers, picked me and four others up and brought us to the ranch where we got to know the rest of the group. Everyone else is either from the USA or the UK, one boy and nine other girls. They all seem really nice though. We sleep in log cabins but mostly hang out in the house where MaeCile prepares amazing meals for us (I might gain some weight after all..). Yesterday we got an orientation to the ranch, we talked about what we’re gonna do out here, we met our horses and did some riding. I rode Hazel, a beautiful paint horse. She is a really sensitive horse but an amazing ride and very sweet. The way they ride here is a bit different from home but I hope I’ll catch on quickly! We went for a couple of short hacks up and down steep, rocky paths which was really cool! Emily said she was impressed by how well Hazel and I did so I’m very happy to hear that! 

We’ve got a great itinerary for this week. Tomorrow we will ride the horses out to ‘Cow Camp´ where we will be spending the night. Friday we plan on going to Yellowstone National Park for an overnight trip and on Sunday there is a rodeo in Cody. It all sounds really cool! And besides that, there are the chores around here like feeding the calves, chickens and horses, farmwork and riding to keep us busy. 

I’ll try to post some updates soon so stay tuned ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment